Happy 30th Birthday John, I love you!



It was 30 years ago today that my life changed forever…..I was no longer the only sibling, the spoiled one, the baby, the one who got all the attention….30 years ago today, I got a little brother.  I don’t remember it, but the story goes, I hauled off and kicked my mom in the shin when she came home from the hospital. I was only three, but I was so mad!  Quickly I learned that John would do whatever I told him to, and we became fast friends. John was my “buddy” growing up.  We played with Star Wars figures in the front yard, baptized each other in the plastic Walmart swimming pool in the back and slid in and out from under the bed playing like we were “dad fixing the car”.   He’d look at me and say “Will it be fun, Kimberly?  Will it be fun?”  If I said yes, he’d be so excited.  Then we got a little older and started to fight like most siblings do.  It wasn't all "Brady", but even "The Brady's" fought, right?  But over the years, I’ve come to watch my little brother grow into a man – a good man.  I couldn’t be prouder of him.  And now on his 30th birthday, it’s come full circle: He has his own precious big cheeked, brown haired daughter who has a new little brother that she will learn to love and boss around and fight with. And I hope that when Abigail turns 30, she will love Will and be as proud of him as I am of my little brother. Happy Birthday, John! I love you.    

Comments

mom said…
this is the sweetest. i love you

Popular Posts