An Escape



This is my new lunch place. I probably haven't mentioned it, but I don't work in the nicest part of the city. I'm not downtown by the buildings and restaurants and parks.  David talks about taking strolls across the park and the bridge.....going out to get lunch on one of the corners. I'm on the other side of downtown.....there are a lot of old buildings...not much to look at.  Not really a place you want to walk around, if you know what I mean.  When I was out driving the other day, I accidently ran across this little place just a mile or so down the road away from all the sights and sounds of Wethersfield Avenue.  The last few days I have driven through Starbucks to get my drink (all the fall flavors are out from pumpkin spice to salted caramel - yum) and I take a book and head out for my little spot. There are several other corporate drones who do it too. We smile to each other as we pull in and out in our obvious work clothes. We seem to have an understanding that we come from cubes and go back to cubes......accounting, printing, typing, ordering, managing and the like. But for an hour, we are on vacation together on a lovely little lake, picnic-ing, escaping, day dreaming...........and then it's back to work.

Comments

betty said…
I HAD LOST YOUR BLOG AND WAS UPSET. i ASKED Tom TO SEND IT TO ME again. I really enjoyed it. You write like a writer. SOMEDAY YOU'LL BE AN AUTHER. mAYBE NOT. yOU WOULD HAVE TO SIT IN ONE PLACE TOO LONG. wELL i SEE I have hit the wrong key again and misspelled a word. I could not believe as much as you and Mary love lobster [and lobster rolls] you didn't take her to your favorite place on the water where you took me. You sound happy. Love you. GM.

Popular Posts