A Merry Heart Doeth Good Like A Medicine


When Mary was here, she made a comment that has really stuck with me the last few days.  David, Mary and I were sitting at the table at the lake house eating cheerios. She said something to the effect of  "It was so nice to be here this morning and hear all the laughter."  She went on to say that she woke to the sound of us laughing as David and I were playing cards - teasing each other about losing. We then proceeded to laugh all through breakfast. I guess I hadn't really noticed myself, but after that comment, I have noticed that we do laugh all the time!

The other night, much to my delight, Evan was particularly giggly. There are days that the best way I can think to describe it is "Evan has happy eyes".  They seem to twinkle especially bright when he seems especially happy. He's incredibly animated - a real ham. Tuesday night, David said that they ran into several people they knew in the grocery store and Evan was cracking them all up. When they got back home, Evan and I sat at the dinner table and giggled and made faces while David finish grilling. We laughed all through dinner and ended the evening in one big giggling pile on the couch.  I had to snatch a few photos before the night was over. 

They say that laughing lowers blood pressure, reduces stress hormones and boosts immune function.....A merry heart doeth good like a medicine - Proverbs 17:22.

Comments

Popular Posts