Winter Weather Storm Austin

It's all a tither around here this morning.  The lead story on the news this morning:  Winter Weather Storm Austin.  Yep, that's right. They name the snow storms around here like they do hurricanes.  So funny!  This is the first of the season for us. The schools are already closed in anticipation of the afternoon snow. It's headed our way between 3-5pm.  David drove me into work this morning so he could take me home in the storm.  They are saying snow 8-12  inches.  In Hartford, we are thinking more on the 8" side.  I'll post some photos as soon as I get them. It's kinda exciting!  I can't wait for my first snow! I heard a new phrase on the news this morning:  Snow thunder. It's like our thunderstorms down south, but with snow instead of rain.  I never knew this happened.  The snow always seems so quiet and peaceful in the movies.....Well, more to this post later on.  Can't wait!

The storm arrived as promised.  David came and picked me up at 2:00.  There are these little "homemade" snow plows eveywhere (small offices, church parking lots, etc.)  There was one outside our office waiting to plow:
 

Here's the view from outside my apartment. Everything had a blue grey wintery feel to it. The snow was coming down heavy in big huge flakes:


My first snow angel:


The view from Wendy and Eric's house:


I'll try to get some more "New England" type photos if I can get out and drive around tomorrow.  You know, the red barns or the big white churches with the green Christmas wreaths on them.

Comments

jenny said…
Wow! That is gorgeous! Now you know what REAL snow looks like. Our schools were closed last week, the roads were (a little) icy... hahah!!

Popular Posts