Remember When...

I think looking at all the old photos from the anniversary party, has put me in a nostalgic, photo-browsing, scrapbooking type mood.  Last night and again this morning I found myself flipping through books crying, laughing out loud, rolling my eyes and remembering things that I had forgotten.  I think I will try to scan some in from time to time and share them since I have the books up here.  Maybe "Remember When Fridays" or something like that! Here's a few that I thought I'd share:

Remember the parties? 

party1

I love dress-up! Always have.  I think being in my life in any capacity will at sopicture11me point require you to dress up.  It made a little more sense when I dressed John up as my "little sister" or Haley & Matt as "actors for our play" when I was little.  Amy and I dressed up for our "There's a Hole in the Bucket" performance in front of the family.  Even the high school years for Halloween parties (tinkerbell? the go-go girl?) weren't too crazy.....but apparently even as an adult, you've all had to endure my love of dress-up.  Thank you! You've made things so much fun for me!  

 

Remember these:  The luau BBQ, everyone wearing crazy holiday hats on Christmas Eve just 'cause it made Mary laugh, the murder mystery dinner? 

luau-and-such

 

Completely Random Photos:

photos_page_1

remember-when2

remember-when2_page_11

remember-when21

Comments

amy said…
ok, now i'm depressed :)

didn't nanny always make your mom make that huge fruit salad?

remember when we used to fit comfortably on the piano bench?
kimsingleton said…
Oh, that's right....Mom made it! But she made it Nanny's way with the real whipped cream on it in that giant bowl! ;) Gave her an activity in the kitchen while she was standing there visiting. ha....I wish I could have found a photo of the "relish tray" complete with apple rings and stuffed celery on the tv tray.

I wonder what funny memories your kids will have at Sandra's....are you carrying on the relish tray tradition?
jenny said…
Wonderful pictures. I really like the one of John in the super vibrant shorts... hahah!! You do make a lovely candy cane by the way. That was so fun to look at all those pictures! : )
betty said…
I love reading all your stories but you are so sad and miserable. Breaks my heart.
Kimberly said…
Oh, I'm not sad and miserable....just adjusting. I miss everyone and hate to miss out on the family things...that makes me sad. I miss seeing the kids and things like that. I've been pretty honest about that with everyone. It's been a harder year than I thought it would be. I'm a family girl....that's for sure! I miss you all so much.

But I have a lot of good things here too. It's been a big adventure. I've grown a lot. David is a good man and I love him very much. He has a sweet family and especially his parents have given me a sense of family up here. The warmer weather is coming....that always makes a difference. I am planning on being outside most of the weekend! :)

Looking at the old photos and remembering things has been fun for me. I have enjoyed pulling all the photos out.....I'm going to keep posting them from time to time. They make me smile! ;)
Haley said…
These are really fun!! I hadn't seen all of these, but it sure did bring back memories. Thanks for sharing them with everyone!
Matthew said…
You should definitely revisit the candy cane look. classic.

Popular Posts