If I Didn't Have Aunt Mary in My Life....

 
1. I may have never been to an opera.

2. My record player would have played the same 'ol records over and over.

3. I wouldn't have known from the age of 3 why crepes were to die for.

4. I would have gone through life never seeing movies like "Big Momma's House" or "Blue Streak".

5. I wouldn't know what it's like to be loved absolutely and totally because "I'm Kimmy" and that's enough.

If I Didn't Have Aunt Mary in My Life

6. I wouldn't know how amazing a person can look when they are privately feeling really sick.

7. That Gabe the Babe really did have great arms!

8. I probably wouldn't have tried just about every single thing on the Chili's menu or opened up on those rare dinners and really talked about feelings that were hard to talk about.

9. I would have had less fun and fewer laughs on the holidays and birthdays.

10. I might not have my strong love of dishes and all things kitchen.

If I Didn't Have Aunt Mary in My Life

11. I wouldn't know what it's like to watch a sisters' bond....I would have a much different Mom today.

12. I wouldn't know what it was like to be tickled and hugged to death when being tucked in bed at night.

13. I wouldn't know that red chicken clocks and fuzzy pink pig ornaments are perfectly acceptable for adults, if they make you laugh.

14. I wouldn't have been so excited when I found out it was my turn to be an Aunt, and it wouldn't hurt quite as much being far away - not being as involved as I'd like to be.....because of the way Aunt Mary was with me.

15. I probably wouldn't know what "The Green Monster" or the "Green Goddess Dressing at Celebration" was.

If I Didn't Have Aunt Mary in My Life

16. By now I probably wouldn't have rafted down the river or rode horse-back on my own, seen the Dali at the Smithsonian, or touched a starfish on the San Francisco dock.

17.  I wouldn't have taken a art appreciation class at SMU at night - just because.

I wouldn't love and miss you so much. I wouldn't be wishing you a Happy Birthday today!  I hope you have a GREAT DAY and you feel loved.  I am so glad that we are family and that I've had you in my life all these years....you have made such a mark on my life and who I am....you've been a HUGE part of my past and I hope that we can stay close even with the distance between us.  I love you!

Comments

jenny said…
That's a pretty awesome tribute! : )

Popular Posts