What's Up With This Blog?

I have a page (like all bloggers do I'm sure) that tells you how many times something has been clicked on, and where readers were referred from and things like that.  I think it's fun to see how many hits there were yesterday or what people searched for.  Here's a few http://kimsingleton.wordpress.com/ facts:

1.  Yesterday someone searched "calories in stuffed avocado at luna de noche" and hit my site.  I had to try it.  If you google this phrase, my site is the first to come up.  :) I had no idea that luna had a stuffed avocado,  but next time I'm in town guess what I'm having!  And guess what, if you're the kind of person who googles about calories, I can pretty much guarantee you don't want to know the calorie count!

2.  My all-time high day, with a whopping 73 readers, was Saturday, October 18, 2008.  I didn't even have a post that day! But the most recent post (10/14/08) did have a photo of Troy....coincidence? 

3.  My most frequent hit entry and most googled is "lobster roll"  or "New england hot dog bun".  It hits that AMAZING photo, I stole from another site by the way, from "This Makes Me Happy" about Haley's upcoming trip.  If you google "lobster roll new england hot dog bun" and hit images, there they are. And they ARE good photos...makes me want a lobster roll everytime I see it. Wish I had taken them. 

4.  I have no idea how this fares with others, but I've had 7,370 views this past year with 132 posts and 263 comments. 28 views so far today and the highest number of  referrers this last year was from Katie's blog.  Most viewed post (after the lobster roll of course):  "My Trip to Texas" with 164 viewings.  Lowest viewed blog: "Texas Our Texas" with only 1 viewing.  Smack dab in the middle of the pack:  "Happy 30th Brithday, John. I Love You!"

5.  The blogs's been so fun. I've enjoyed writing and posting the photos. It's been a way this past year or so to show you photos of my life up here....the scenery, the snow, the people, the activities, the cities and the beaches.  You've seen the boat and the lakehouse and the food and the day in and day out of my life in Connecticut. It's been fun reading your comments!  I always get a kick out of them. 

1230385347_572-bored-kidBut as another year rolls around and it's Evan's birthday again, and Hebron Fair again, and the Apple Festival again, and Halloween costumes again, and everything AGAIN this next year....I guess I'm wondering are you over it?  Has the blog run it's course?  Is it more of a pain to check it than fun to read it?  And I guess I'm asking you, the one who's read #1-#4 and stuck with my ramblings today, the real daily/weekly readers. Are you over it? Is it time to give it up?  Are you bored?  Is there something different you want from the blog? Let me know.....I'm open for comments, thoughts, general statements of any sort....you're not going to hurt my feelings, be honest.  ;)

Comments

David said…
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Don't take them away!!!!! I love your blog entries!!!!! I love to see the pictures and read your funny views about CT! Keep them coming, for sure.....
kimsingleton said…
Ha! I love you, but your not exactly my "target audience". You are HERE when I am taking the photos and living the stories. Hebron Fair, Apple Festival, etc, etc is your life too! ;)
jenny said…
Well, I love the blog! Now that you've covered the annual basics, you'll just have to dig deeper. Look at your surroundings with a new perspective. I think it will be a fabulous challenge! :)
wendy said…
Your perspective is FABULOUS! I love how I can experience the same "whatever" and you notice EVERY DETAIL, every nuance, every comment- your precision is AMAZING and sooooo entertaining. Let's be honest, there is nothing better in life than new experiences and new love- and you get to do them both at the same time! Lucky girl! Although I feel like I am completely stalking- your blog has made me tear up (the stove incident- we'll talk!), and literally laugh out loud at a computer screen (angry eyebrows). But you have to do this for you- if it's stilll fun for you it's still fun for those of us reading!
Haley Moore said…
Right -- just as I (finally) go to add your blog to Google Reader (which I'm actually looking at occasionally...for almost a week now...), that's when you start thinking about killing the blog! My take on it (apart from that TV network line, "if you haven't seen it, it's new to you", or whatever) is ditto to the previous comments: you'll just have to point out the stuff you didn't notice the first time around, or pick out what's just as much fun the second and third times. Plus the fact, you've got too much of a knack for this to drop it.
p.s. Love the baby propped up on his chin - made me laugh!
kimsingleton said…
Thanks for all the nice comments. Okay, if you guys aren't bored, then I'll keep writing. It's always been a little narcissistic...that's the word, right? I really so love doing it and it keeps me observing and wanting to try new things so I can share them....everything's a potential blog entry! ;) But lately I've even been getting a little sick of myself and my opinions. ha! I'll try to keep it creative....still working on the video blog...maybe this weekend.
betty said…
this is my touch with you. i would hate to lose it.
U. Bill said…
YEAH!!!! Glad you're not killing the Blog! I love your blog and it's even more fun to read with Mary looking over my shoulder or asking me to read it out loud to her (boy...is she lazy - won't even turn on her own computer). So keep writing all of your viewpoints and happenings. You really have a knack for writing and since you won't quit your job and do it full time, we've got to have some "World of Kimmie", even if it's through your blog. Keep writing girl. By the way, Mary says that it is Kimmie with a "Y" - Kimmy. I asked her "why...with a Y", and she told me that only an idiot would spell it with "ie." Tough Love. But I love you TONS!
George said…
Just a quick comment Kimberly. Please don’t give up creating this wonder-ful blogs with so much information and pictures, etc. I/we love it. Isn’t this time of year so beautiful? At least here in N.H. it is with multi-colored leaves all about and cool days/evenings and lots of fun things to do in “the country.” Apple pickin, neighborhood yard sales, open-air markets, visiting with friends etc. etc. Keep bloggin away okay?

Love, Dad and Mom Oakes
Jolea said…
Hey Kim! So I am a blog stalker and love checking out what sillyness you have to say. Glad to hear that you will continue making me laugh.

Popular Posts