Say It Isn't So....



Wow....it finally happened.  Since 1956 it's been on the air.  I've watched it off and on since I was a little girl.   I used to sneak a show here or there in Tyler over holiday or summer breaks.  Routing for Dusty and Lily.....never really liking that rebel Holden.  I watched it off and on as an adult (at times more interested in it than others).  Holden turned out to be okay, until he wasn't, that is.  The lies, the affairs, the heart breaks and the new loves....the drama, the families with unlimited amounts of wealth.....Okay, it probably wasn't the best use  of my time, but it was mindless, entertaining fun that was new everyday...no reruns.  An hour a day for many years of my adult life I spent watching this show that is now coming to a close.  Kinda makes me sad.  Goodbye Oakdale. So long Barbara Ryan, Jack & Carly, and Dusty Donovan.  We loved to hate you Craig Montgomery and James Stenbeck. Thanks for the romance Lily and Holden!  You were sweet Bob and Kim. It's not over until September, so I think I'll start taping it again just for old times sake.

Comments

betty said…
I watched the very 1st episode in '52. Mary was a baby. We lived in a place that had 6 apt. Duplexes. We had a kitchen and a bedroom and bathroom. Also a wash house and clothes lines. I had to supply my own clothespins. No disposable diapers. This takes me back. I just finished watching When Worlds Collide" made in 1951.
amy said…
i just saw that. makes me so sad too. i haven't watched it in awhile but just hate that it's leaving for good. its the end of an era :(

Popular Posts