Talking TV.....

Personal Issue #256:  I LOVE tv that makes me cry.  I can't help it!  I ball through The Biggest Loser for two hours on Tuesdays.  Wait for it all week.  I'm dying for the next season to start already - I hate that it's over.  Tear jerking Oprah or Dr. Phil family episode?  I'm in!  20/20's or Prime Time Live's with gut wrenching personal stories of tragedies or heroic acts of courage beyond imagination....DVR IT!  I'm gonna want to see it! I just love dramatic television. 

This time of year, even the "long distance holiday" commercials are choking me up....you know the ones...the college kid away from home walks through the front door, the soldier who is away and makes a long distance call to his wife and kids....the Hallmark commercials when you can't be there, "but care enough to send the very best".....I watch them ALL!  Big tears swelling up in my head.  It's like a car wreck...I can't look away. I can't get enough.  I'm addicted to the drama.

My latest ball fest?  The loss of my morning friends, my routine, my Good Morning America! Every morning at 7:00 I turn on the tv and lay there from 7-7:30 and get my morning news, the celebrity gossip and a little light entertainment before I head out to face the day.  It's a killer combination:  Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts, Chris Cuomo and Sam Champion.  They just seem to start me off in a good mood in the morning. They appear to really genuinely like each other.  If they don't, each of them deserves an Emmy!  They fake it well. I knew that Diane was leaving...but now Chris?  The morning chemistry I so look forward to is gone!  All week they have been playing clips of Diane and now Chris....they have been looking back.  And there have been enough "voice cracks" and "watery eyes" on the show to make me a wreck every morning this week.  ha! I don't think I've left the house once this week without red puffy eyes.  And tomorrow it comes to an end.  The last day with all four of them sitting on that couch.  I know the show will go on and I will tune in, I'm sure, to check it out. I wish them luck, but I just don't see how George Stephanopoulos and Juju Chang are going to replace this:

Comments

betty said…
hope you don't loose any more of your treasures until you get over loosing these and world turns. ha

Popular Posts