A House Divided....

David is upstairs watching the Giants. Evan's on the 1st floor playing the Wii. I have been relegated to the basement to watch the Cowboys. A house divided this afternoon. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I am sitting in the basement that David painted red for me with laptop on my lap, conditioner & towel on my head, no make-up on, Troy calling the Cowboy game, and full control of the remote. I am blogging, facebooking and googling gluten-free meatloaf recipes for dinner. Such is my new life.

It's nice to be relaxing before a long week ahead. The company I work for is changing their marketing. New colors, fonts, logos, etc. It's been a four month project for me. I have been checking off a giant spreadsheet the last few weeks to make sure that the hundreds of data sheets and flyers have all been changed. The website, advertisements, anywhere the logo appears. All new email addresses. Wednesday night the transition finally occurs, so I have three more days to make sure all 17 agents are happy and ready to go.  I am the only one in the company who knows InDesign (the graphic program) so most of it has fallen on my shoulders. I'm excited  about the new look, but tired of the "prep" and ready for the execution.  So, needless to say, I haven't been blogging much and it may be slow again this week. (I've been used to blogging at lunch.) But I promise to get back into the swing soon.

Not much else is going on here. Fall is in the air. The mornings are cooler and the trees are showing color. David said next week or the following will be the peak. I'll try to get some photos if I can. There are pumpkins EVERYWHERE (bumper crop this year - early with all the heat).  Acorn squash is replacing fresh corn in the markets.  Light sweaters are replacing shorts. The holidays are around the corner!

I have been missing you all at home this week! Missing Texas. Missing all things Cowboys as it is only in Dallas. Can't wait to see you all in November. Love you. More blogs later. Promise.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ooh! Thanks for including a picture - looks cozy!! I was doing the same thing, except for that whole watching football part. I was watching the sun climb across the sky from my open window. Kimberly, the beautiful weather has FINALLY arrived!! It's supposed to be 75 degrees today. Yey!!!
J :)

Popular Posts