Mama's Song

I like to pretend that the hardest part of moving to New England was leaving my cute niece and nephew (only one at the time), but the reality is that leaving my mom (and best friend really) was the hardest part. We've always been close, but since 2004, we have been especially close and I grew more and more dependant on her. We were a tough pair to break up and there was a lot of hurt on both ends. The last couple of years were full of a lot of emotions as we worked through this big change.  But through it all, Mom has been a support and has loved me and prayed for me. One of her prayers over those years was that I would find a good husband who would love me the way a husband should.  She has always said that David was everything she prayed for. She just forgot to pray that he lived in Texas!

The first time I heard this song I loved it and Mom did too. It's so "us".  And even though I'm 35 and not 21 like the song "feels", I'm still her little girl in so many ways. I put this video together for her. Thought some of you might enjoy seeing it too. I love you Mom. Thanks for everything - but mostly all your prayers over the years!
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kimberly and I both wish that Nanny could have met David. He loves to play cards and laugh and tell stories and listen to stories..He is sooo good.She would have loved David and she would have been so happy for Kimberly. For any who have not met David yet, I hope that you get the chance. I have prayed hard that God would send a man in Kimberly's life who would make her feel as loved as she deserves to feel, and who would treat her with love and kindess and he does. Thank you David for being such a good man and loving my little girl like a real man should. love mom
Amy said…
ok, thanks for the cry :)

well i know i can speak for my mom and myself - we REALLY want to meet david. hope we can make it work out soon!

Popular Posts