Big Plans For $30!

I suppose that normal people who choose to decorate for a Halloween party go to the party store. If they want house decorations, they purchase a tasteful glass pumpkin set that can easily transition to the Thanksgiving table, maybe some cute little wooden scarecrows or ghosts to set about with candles and candy dishes. I suppose that's what normal people do. I wouldn't know.

I went to Walmart at lunch today and in 15 minutes strolled the hardware, sports and craft aisles for inexpensive ways to put a few old Halloween decorations together in a brand new way. For a mere $30 I walked out with one bag containing 2 styrofoam balls, a package of black pipe cleaners, thumbtacks, fishing line, 16 small wooden dowel rods, a package of 8" cable ties, some glow in the dark paint, 27' of thin black and brown ribbon and a head full of ideas. Of course in my mind everything looks amazing when I am finished and the reality will almost certainly fall short. Nevertheless this weekend will be Halloween decorating weekend at the Oakes house. I have two bins of previously purchased items, a tombstone Evan made in art, a new orange linen table cloth that I dread ironing but can't wait to get out and more yards of tulle than any already married female should ever have. Stay tuned.....I'll post the photos below when everything is finished!

Okay here we go:

Of course I have my Sweet Goat Cook-Off  Trick - or - Treat buddies.


Here we are with our newest member of the household - purchased today with David and Evan. 


  I made two black ghosts to hang overhead with the styrofoam and fishing wire.

This is the art that Evan made last weekend. Perfect!

 David and the monster.

David and Evan, oh and the new monster.

Oh top of the tv......spider webs, skulls, netting, oh my!

 Mr Bones - the talker. Yeah, the wires are hanging out.....we fixed that! ;)

My orange and black table. 

On the buffet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh boy have fun!! I think Evan likes Halloween more than Christmas!! Tulle? I can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Popular Posts