A Few Randon Thoughts On A Monday Morning.....

1. This was the first morning that I had to scrape my windshields before work. I’m not ready for the long, cold winter ahead quite yet. And just to rub it in a little more, our office is without heat today. Weather.com says it’s 46 and feels like 41……but it feels more like 31 in here!! I’m blogging to keep my fingers moving so they don’t fall off from frostbite!

2. It’s going to be extra sweet when the Cowboys rise to victory and make it back to the Superbowl after such a long drought. But right now, it’s so painful to hang with them. I can’t wait until they get another quarterback that I can really get behind and cheer for…but I still love Jerry despite it all and it’s a good thing the Rangers are taking the blaring spotlight off his giant failure of a season.

3. Who’s ready to put up the Christmas tree?? Anyone?? Are ya with me??

4. One of my favorite little everyday things about David is that he randomly breaks into song. It’s probably one of Evan’s least favorite as he usually gets a DAD! when he does it. Personally, I have years of experience watching men randomly break into song and dance (thank you MGM!) so I find it quite endearing.

5. I have a feeling I'm a little too attached to The Pioneer Woman and Marlborough Man. But when Black Heels to Tractor Wheels comes out, I'm buying it! ;)  

6. I made some pretty good stuffed shells last night! Basic, but good. Homemade tomato sauce is SO MUCH easier than you think. I took 2 cans of whole tomatoes with basil and garlic and dumped them in a blender with olive oil, fresh basil, grated garlic, salt and pepper and oregano. Then I dumped that in a bowl with a big can of chopped tomato with basil and garlic. Poured over stuffed pasta shells. The stuffing was ricotta, provolone and mozzarella. Then 2 eggs and more fresh garlic and fresh basil.  2 packages of frozen, chopped spinach, drained. Bake in 350 oven for 25-35 minutes and garnish with more fresh basil and serve! YUM!!

7.  I miss Texas...I can't wait to see you all soon.  So looking forward to seeing ya'll!  Lots of love from here! ;)

Comments

Popular Posts