A Thanksgiving Throwdown

I wasn't planning on blogging anymore until I got to Texas, but I just had to tell you guys why I was late to work this morning. I woke up at 5:17am and proceeded to wake up my sweet husband.  So, we had an early start and David was out the door earlier than normal for a Thursday morning. I should have been early if anything. I decided to go downstairs and load my ipod (fyi there's a new Pete) and I turned on the tv while I was down there.  Low and behold what did I see but a new hour-long Thanksgiving Throwdown with THE PIONEER WOMAN!!  (One of my many obessions). I read her blog just about everyday. I love those kids....the animals....the Marlboro Man....the crazy stories and the great recipes.....and there she was! So, of course I had to watch it and of course it was AN HOUR instead of the usual 30 minute show.  So, I strolled in a mere 6 minutes late this morning. So worth it! It was too fun. If you have interest and The Food Network, you can see it: 
  • Nov 20th    7:00pm ET/PT
  • Nov 21st    11:00pm ET/PT
  • Nov 22nd   2:00am ET/PT


Grandmommy, do you still have a VCR? I only have DVR so I can't bring a tape with me. If so, can you tape it for Mom and bring it when you come - unless you'll already be up there that is! Jenny do you have The Food Network? I know you like her too! You see the house, the land, the kids, the whole deal.  Very fun!!  And Mom, I have something to add to the Thanksgiving Table:  Bobby's Brussels Sprouts!  Wanna try 'em?

Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates, Pecans and Vanilla Butter
  • 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 tablespoons butter (mixed in the seeds from one vanilla bean)
  • Seeds from 2 pomegranates
  • ¼ cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place Brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet, toss with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until just cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Transfer sprouts to a large bowl, add the butter and stir until melted. Stir in the pomegranates seeds and walnuts. He topped it all with a pomegranate syrup.  It looked GOOD!
 
Well, just had to share. See ya in a couple of days!

Comments

Anonymous said…
So looking forwARD TO THOSE B.SPROUTS. wAS THINKINK THIS MORNING HOW WE WOULD DO THEM THIS YEAR.
Kimberly said…
Vanilla bean & brussels sprouts....sounded a little weird to me, but they just raved over them. People who didn't like them, liked them. Plus they were so pretty with the green and the red seeds....FESTIVE! Be there in less than 48 hours!!

Popular Posts