Faith, Hope & Love

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.  - 1 Corinthians 13:13

Sunday we finally cleaned out the basement! David lugged box after box of junk from the basement to the dump and I was able to box up the party stuff, the dishes, the decorations....all in clear, labeled storage containers. They are stacked on shelves where I can reach them! It's SO NICE! But organizing everything gave me the bug to set the table. It looked so dull and cold after all the Christmas was put away. I've decided that I would like to keep it set all the time. We rarely use it, so it shouldn't be a problem. And I love walking in and seeing it first thing when I walk in the door.

I decided to go with black, cream and gold. I was really bummed because the photos don't do it justice. I don't have the skill or the camera to really capture the way the candlelight dances off the gold tinted crystals.  Or the way the array of textures make for such an interesting feeling....the gold and sparkle, the roses, the candlelight and "formal" with the calm and the simple of the river stones and the woven mats.

I was inspired to put this together while walking through a craft store in Manchester. They had these little, black wooden signs that said "Faith", "Hope" and "Love". It's not the traditional "red & pink candy heart Valentine" look that I had intended, but it's completely the feel I wanted.  True faith, hope & love....who couldn't use a little more of those things in 2011?



Come on over for dinner anytime.....You're always welcome!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kimberly, you are always so creative with your table. It looks gorgeous. You inspire me. Now, snowbound, perhaps I too will work on Valentine decorations. But first we have to take down the Christmas tree on the front porch. Stay warm! Love, Mom O

Popular Posts