First Book of 2011


I first heard about this book here.  I thought it sounded cute...a little boy...a dog. The cover is darling. What's not to like?  I mentioned it to Nancy (who reads almost a book a day, thinking she had probably read it).  She mentioned getting it for me for Christmas. So,when I got back from Texas, there it was under the tree as promised! Well, you saw the weekend weather here from the previous blog. (Hey - you guys in Texas got it too!) So, I spent the weekend reading it and just finished in a puddle of tears! It's a tough read for a lover of dogs or little boys or both! Well, that's not entirely true....it's a funny read. A sweet read. A loving read. A completely worth-it read. I laughed out loud MANY times! Cute! There are just a few sad moments thrown in - as most good reads have. I recommend it! Nancy, it's coming your way....and if anyone else wants it, let me know. I think a "normal" person could read it in an afternoon - it's 270 pages or so - easy read - larger font - but it takes me two or three times as long to read anything. And the more I enjoy a book, the slower I seem to read it. So, it took me two whole days to get through it. If you see it at the library, Barnes & Noble, or anywhere else on sale, pick it up. It's a good one. I'm looking forward to getting her other book, Driving With Dead People.

Comments

Unknown said…
Kimberly, please tell mom that I would love to be next on the list to read that book!!!
Nancy Oakes said…
Hi Kimberly, So glad you enjoyed the book. I am looking forward to reading it. I just read Cathy's note. After I finish the book, I will take it to her in February. Since I love both dogs and little boys, I will surely love this book. Hugs, Mom O

Popular Posts