New Year's Resolutions

I was curious so I did a little googling this afternoon. Topic? The most common New Year's resolutions.  I'm sure we all could have all guessed them. They would have made a great Family Feud question.  Some of the very obvious answers were: 
  • Spend More Time with Family & Friends
  • Lose Weight or Set An Attainable Athletic Goal (like running a 5K)
  • Quit Smoking or Drinking
  • Get Out of Debt or Save Money
  • Learn Something New
  • Help Others - Volunteer
  • Get Organized (Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle)
  • Get a Better Education or New Job
  • Take a Trip
  • Eat, Drink, Learn or Try Something New
I did see one that sort of struck me: Take a photo every day for a year. 365 photos to capture 2011.  I think that's a GREAT idea! I was thinking how interesting it might be to take a photo of the same place in the yard every day for a year. Then you could "morph them" sort of and watch the snow melt and the grass turn green and then into the sunny summer days and into the reds and oranges of fall and back to dying and the snow covered ground. Might be GENIUS! I don't think I can promise this one, but might be fun to try....a photo a day. How simple.

Reading a book or two that you have been trying to get to and never find the time. I have SO MANY - I think most people have a reading bucket list.  I never got through the simple Narnia books from the summer. I have books stacked on my desk that I PROMISED myself I'll get to this year. Do you know what I mean?  

Going that certain place that you keep wanting to go. I DEFINITELY have a travel bucket list. Moving probably made this one pretty easy for me, but whenever I see something in Yankee Magazine or on a blog or a television show, I write it down. For example, this year I'd like to make it to a real live clam bake...on the beach...as the sun goes down.....very Doris Day in Young At Heart.  They have the cruises out of Boston Harbour. I am dying to see Shakespeare in the Park in Central Park or Yale or Harvard even......fun! I want to see a corn maze and go on a haunted hayride through a field. And the list could go on and on.....years worth of day trips and new adventures that David and I try to chip to away at...all the while I add more and more destinations.

Working your way through a cookbook.....that's a good idea too! If you liked Julie & Julia, you can see the fascination with this one. I've never roasted a whole turkey or chicken. I've never baked an edible loaf of bread. I've never made sushi or beef wellington...so many projects, so little time.

All this googling inspired me to created my own 2011 list. Coming soon......

Comments

Popular Posts