Say It Isn't So....

Here I am minding my own business on Facebook this morning before work and I see something that brings tears to my eyes. Jayme posted this:  http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/01/25/aikman-wife-separate-after-decade-of-marriage/.  That just breaks my heart. 1. Because divorce is just awful...and all those little girls....ugh. I feel their pain. Such a sad time.  And 2. my "imaginary perfect man" isn't so perfect after all. 

I walked upstairs with a look like my dog died.  David was on the couch eating cereal.  He jumped up with that "Oh no, what's wrong" expression.  When I told him, as he was going in for a hug, I could see the smug smile start to creep across his face.  He was loving it! ;)

Okay, I don't blame him.

But it breaks my heart none the less - my 20 year old heart who fell in love with Troy and has had a crush on him ever since.  Oh well, at least he didn't pull a Brett Favre!

The story was:
Troy Aikman, Wife Separate After Decade

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – There has been a rumor floating around, but now it is official. CBS 11 News has confirmed that former Dallas Cowboys quarterback and current FOX Sports analyst Troy Aikman and his wife Rhonda have separated after more than a decade of marriage. The couple wed in 2000. Rhonda Aikman had a daughter from a previous marriage, and the couple also has two daughters together. The family has a house in Highland Park. And Dallas County property records indicate that Rhonda Aikman bought a $1.5 million, five-bedroom home in the Preston Hollow area in November. Aikman is expected to fulfill his duties as part of the FOX Sports broadcast team covering the Super Bowl game in Arlington on Sunday, February 6.

Comments

David said…
For the record, I wasn't "loving it", because I know how sad that makes you. But I was thinking... maybe, just maybe I can move up the ladder one rung and be ahead of the beloved Troy. I step I would have never thought possible!!!

:-)
Jayme said…
LOL at David's response! I love you guys ;)
Anonymous said…
I felt for you as i saw the D Magazine with Troy's face (and an old face at that) splattered everywhere you look here. i have watched you over the years try to fanagle a way to meet him...Yeah I would say David has goood reason to feel a little happy over the fall of the only other man in your life..ha love mom

Popular Posts