An Afternoon At The Circus....and other Mother's Day Weekend Activites

Nancy and George came to spend Saturday and Sunday with us. Saturday morning and early afternoon was so nice. It was sunny and warm. We ate lunch on the back deck and then took a walk and headed off to the circus. I took this shot in front of the house. The tree has bloomed!! YEAH!! It's finally Spring!


I tried to get a few shots at the circus......oh to have a photography skill!! But here are a few things we saw:







We had a very "Nancy" Mother's Day. (as it should be) Me? I'd be up for a good brunch, an afternoon movie, maybe a manicure/pedicure. I'd even be up for a light stroll to get a little sun. Not Nancy. After a great service Sunday morning, (gotta be a church blog sometime soon...), Chinese for lunch (veggie dumplings), we went for a "walk" in Devil's Hopyard in East Haddam, CT. We hiked a trail...and when I say "hiked", I mean we climbed up a mountain, over tree roots and branches, water and rock piles, David, his parents in their 70's and I. Is this how you'd spend Mother's Day? Me either. But Nancy loved every minute. Here we are hiking along the "trail":
During our "hike" on the "trail", we had to go over a few small creeks. Instead of jumping over, Nancy decided to crawl across a large trunk.

Here was the view at the top. Very pretty! Would be even more breath-taking in the fall I'm sure.

This is Chapman Falls. The falls drops more than 60 feet over a series of steps in a Scotland Schist stone formation. The falls also once powered "Beebe's Mills" which were named after the original owner. The mills operated until the mid 1890's.
 
It just all goes to prove my earlier blog...it takes a village. Knowing Nancy has opened me up to a world of experiences I would have never had on my own. This would never have been my reality. And I am better for knowing her. BUT....I did find out that she has never had her toenails painted....SO PERHAPS, I can introduce her to a few new things as well!

Comments

Popular Posts