Father's Day Event....

Sunday was the much anticipated Father's Day event at Catalyst Church. Just wanted to say thank you again for everyone that bought a ticket! It was so nice of you. The winner was from Meriden. (I have to confess, I think our pastor was pleased that it was someone local, but I would have LOVED him to read a name from Texas!! That would have really been something.) I took a few photos, so you could see what you were supporting. There were bounce houses for the little kids:
And a bungee rubberband type game for the big kids. (You ran as far as you could to see who could stick the bean bag the furthest down the line on that grey strip of velcro in the middle. When you ran as far as you could, the band would snap you back.) Looked fun, but I bet there are some sore people today! :)


And there were racing cars for the little and big kids.
They had a bull riding ring. I thought it was a very Texas idea until I saw it.....have you ever seen one like this? Looks like the horses you ride outside the Walmart....I think they needed a saddle. We didn't stay for the big tournament, but from what we saw, people were falling off pretty quick. I think it was hard to get traction on that slippery surface. You slid right off. Guess it's bull riding New England style. :)
Mike's son drew for the Harley.

The winner wasn't there, but they got a hold of him by phone and he came up to claim his prize. Bob and David had to check out their losings.....they were hoping to win :)

It was a nice day for kids to spend with dads and families to hang out together. The weather was good....it was sunny and warm, but not too warm. David's parents came out with us too and spent the morning. I got to meet some really nice people. It was a fun day. Thank you again, if you helped to make this day possible! I really appreciate it. I think a lot of people came out on Sunday morning to enjoy the picnic who wouldn't have come out for a church service.

Comments

Popular Posts