Picinc For Dinner

Yesterday it was warm and sunny and lovely all day. We peered out the windows at the office just dying to get out. I had a work emergency, so I didn't even get out at lunch. I couldn't wait until 5:00.
Frankly, the weather from last summer to this summer has just been AWFUL! (Worst year I've lived here so far.) The fall came fast and the winter really settled in to stay. The winter was cold and snowy and the spring was all rain and cooler temps too. Snowed into April. Then we went straight to summer heat and more rain....more thunderstorms....than I've ever seen up here in the summer. YUCK! The nice days have been at a premium (especially if you work during the week and can't get out and enjoy it when it's enjoyable.)


So I decided that we were going to spend the afternoon on the deck....no cooking...just snacking and talking and playing games and enjoying the nice weather.
As I pulled out of the parking lot at work, I noticed a few clouds, but they were far off. And then I drove right out of the blue skies of Hartford and into the grey rain clouds of Hebron. UGH! It rained on the way home, but I was already determined. David brought out beach towels for us to sit on and wiped off the table. We sat out in the cool, damp, grey weather yet again and ate our refreshing, warm-weather summer appropriate dinner! (Really, it was a great night for a bowl of chili.)


We had melon wrapped in serrano, green grapes, a couple of fresh cheeses, a french baguette and a bruschetta salad (fresh basil and garlic, mozzarella and tomatoes, olive oil and salt and pepper) all served on a wooden chopping board. Delicious! We were stuffed. But we will have to try this again when the weather is cooperating. Perhaps a Shakespeare in the Park picnic!

Comments

Popular Posts