Tomato Basil Tart

Evan wasn't feeling well on Friday night, so David let him sleep this morning until noon. When Evan finally awoke, we were having lunch. He still looked tired and had a 99 degree fever, so David took him to the walk-in clinic. Evan had an ear infection and was given antibiotics. David decided to keep him home another day and leave for vacation on Sunday. Evan's throat had been hurting as well so Saturday night David made him mac and cheese and over-steamed broccoli (softer on the throat). David and I had dinner on the patio. I had these lovely ingredients: 
  

Summer on a plate, David called it. So I made a tart with puff pastry, caramelized onion, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, serrano ham, a little parmesan and garlic. Delicious! I made a watermelon salad too with cubed watermelon, fresh mint, feta, a little olive oil and black pepper. David didn't love the salad, but I thought it was divine. We both enjoyed the tart though. How can you go wrong with those ingredients? It really is summer on a plate. YUMMY!


The good news is I have enough ingredients left over for paninis and caprese salad combinations all week! If you haven't tried this, I highly recommend it. Great with a light salad, a cold soup or just on its own.

Comments

Popular Posts