Bishop's Orchards

Sunday David and I went with Dan and Linda to Bishop's Orchards in Guilford, CT. Unless you live around here, that probably means absolutely nothing to you. It meant nothing to me until a few days ago. But I took a few photos, so you could take a trip with me to the orchard.
It was a really cute place. It was part nursery, part farmstand, part grocery store and part winery. 
   



 It was part fair food, part pumpkin patch and part petting zoo. 




I discovered something new this weekend: White pumpkins! Have you seen these in Dallas? I don't remember ever seeing them before. They were just fabulous!    


 Oh, such possibilities ... ribbon, hot glue, beads or stencils.


Another new thing I have discovered this year is the corn stalk. They sell these outside grocery stores with the pumpkins and the mums. You can go in and get your eggs and milk and leave with your decorative stalks for the lamp posts or porch railings. I'm not sure why I never noticed these before this year. David said they sell them every year. (I think they are new to Ted's - our little grocery store.) Now that I've noticed them, I see them everywhere I go. They were abundant at Bishop's Orchard.

Fall is in full swing around here in Connecticut!

Comments

Popular Posts