Thanks Dan!

When we were over at Dan and Linda's for dinner one night, Dan was making steaks. He had this electric thermometer grill gadget thingy. "How do you want your steak done?" he asked. "Medium rare," I replied, not really expecting to get medium rare. (I'm a Texas girl, I know my medium rare steak!) Not only did I get a delicious steak, but everyone's steak came out perfectly cooked to their liking. (Even Linda's griled mushroom steak-alternative came out perfectly.) SO GOOD!!
Well, much to my surprise and delight, Dan picked one up for me to give to David on his birthday. We ate out last night with friends and so tonight we were able to pull it out and use it. I picked up a few things on the way home. So for David's "birthday-at-home-where-we-cooked-it-together" dinner, we had:

Grilled Rosemary & Balsamic-Glazed Lamb Chops

Creamy Romano & Parsley Polenta

Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Toasted Walnuts

All Dotted With A Balsamic Pan Sauce


Just wanted to say "Thanks Dan!" So glad you picked that up. I'm thinking they would make great Christmas presents (don't read that Dad and John) if people don't already have them. Our chops were perfectly medium rare and pink and juicy and delicious!! We are already talking about pork roasts and all sorts of things we can't wait to try. I"ll keep you posted on any new "grill adventures" we take. After our luxurious celebration dinner, tomorrow's dinner is looking like: scrambled eggs for me and peanut butter and jelly for David!
(Oh, and note to Mom, I totally found our new brussel sprout dish for Thanksgiving. Did you see it in Rachael Ray's magazine. SO GOOD!!)

Comments

Popular Posts