Meatloaf Cupcakes

I'm sure you have probably seen these before. Tonight I made turkey meatloaf "cupcakes" with sweet potato "frosting". I mixed the typical mix: onion, bell pepper, grated carrot, ketchup, bread crumbs, ground turkey, salt, pepper, garlic and worcestershire. I baked them in cupcake papers and then piped whipped sweet potatoes on top for a "frosting".

You may be thinking ... sweet potatoes?? Yes, I over cinammoned them I'm afriad. Don't get me wrong, they tasted great! But they weren't the bright orange color I was hoping for. They looked more like chocolate frosted cupcakes.

I've seen them done with white mashed potatoes and with colored mashed potatoes too, so they really look like cupcakes. Very cute! Sprinkled with chives, they look like a sweet treat but they were full of savory goodness. Fun for kids...minis would be great for a party too. The options are limitless. I"m thinking mini beef loaves with piped ketchup "frosting" would be cute party hors d'oeuvres. Or maybe mini pork loaves with goat cheese mashed potatoes and bacon "sprinkles". YUM!

Comments

Popular Posts