My Favorite Christmas Gift....

It wasn't the most expensive. It wasn't the most needed. It wasn't what I asked for, but nevertheless, I think it was my favorite gift this year!



I love them! I wasn't sure why I loved them so much, but on the flight home when I was thinking over the weekend I realized what I like about them. They are so Dallas. They are "fancy", elegant, cashmere. They are brightly colored and beautifully wrapped. Something you would see in a little shop while out shopping in Dallas. They seem extravagant - a luxury. But they are after all, just hand warmers. So New England. Practical. Sensible. Functional. Necessary. They will be great for walks in the snow.

Two completely different styles, I guess, in one gift. They are the way I feel - a combination of the old Dallas me and the new Connecticut me. I feel like red cashmere hand warmers. Is that weird? Probably. (But then, I also got a bag for Christmas that says "Trying to act like a normal person is absolutely exhausting." And I identified with that gift as well.)

I will love reaching into my pockets on those awful cold New England days when I'm all bundled up and feeling a little Dallas. A little "fancy". A little sense of style. Snow boats and ear muffs and hooded coats won't seem so bad with a touch of red cashmere in my hand. It was just the perfect gift. Really. I love them!! Thanks mom & dad!

Comments

Popular Posts