Happy Birthday Grandmommy!


 
It's your birthday! A time to say we love you and we appreciate you and we are so glad that you are in our lives. Birthdays are such a great time to say thank you too!  So, I thought I'd take a minute and say THANK YOU and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 

Thank you for teaching me about persimmons and quay and honeycomb. Thank you for all the trips to Sligers and stops to farm stands.

Thank you for teaching me about hard work.  Laundry hanging and peach canning and dinner cooking and house cleaning and window washing and bean snappin' and okra pickin' ... no one worked harder than you day in and day out.

Thank you for teaching me it's okay to be scared of dark dusty cellars, but if you want the pear jelly you have to face your fear and go down and get it.  A simple lesson that has probably served me well in the scarier things adulthood has to offer.

Thank you for teaching me that you can love all kinds of music, as long as it's good music. 

Thank you for teaching me you are never too old to try new things .... flying on a plane, traveling to foreign lands, building new relationships all after the age of 70.  Amazing.

Thank you for being an example of survival, perseverance, endurance and determination. Your story and your experiences are an inspiration to me and so many others I'm sure. My line for you is now as always:  You are a living, breathing example of God's  provision. I can't think of anything better to say than that.

I love you and hope you have a very happy birthday wherever you are choosing to spend it.  David and I will see you in April! Happy Birthday!

Comments

connie said…
Kimberly, you always say it so well..Happy Birthday Mother, hope your day is great love connie
Anonymous said…
i Never cry. well almost never. sometimes i actually boo-hoo. you are 1 in a million,girl. love you so much. sure am anxious to see u 2.

Popular Posts