My Valentine

Mom taught me years ago that God brings people in and out of your life along the way to teach you lessons, fill in gaps where other people have been lacking, people to walk beside you at different stages in your life.  He brings you mentors and people to mentor to.  He brings you comforters to help you through and even "difficult" people to teach you and shape you. It's all a plan. A design. And I have grown to know this to be true myself. My own life and the lives of people I know prove this day in and day out.

And I say all of that to say that David is one of those people in my life that is just simply a God-sent blessing. And today on Valentine's Day I am ever so grateful. His kindness is unlike anyone I have ever known. He is just genuinely considerate and happy and level-headed and content and loving and care-giving beyond anyone I could ever deserve. He is so much of what I lack - so much of what I hope to be.  I am a better person for knowing him. And I am confident that the longer we spend together, the more I will learn and change.  I am so grateful.


Love you, David!  Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

David said…
Awww. Thank you so much for your awesome Valentines day post! Your Mom is right for sure, but in our relationship it works both ways. You have filled so many of my gaps and have thought me so much in our short years together. I am blessed to be with you and I cherish every moment!

I love you with all my heart and happy Valentines day to you my love!

xoxoxo
mom said…
and besides all that he is just such a cutie pie
Anonymous said…
i thank God for David all the time. i always prayed for someone to feel about you like he does. thank you, LORD. and thank you, David.

Popular Posts