Oscar Time

(Hey, it was an obvious year ... got 'em all right!)

It's that time again ... Oscar time!  The 84th Oscars to be exact.  I say it every year, but I love to watch. Not really sure why, I just do.  My DVR is already programmed for the E! Red Carpet (which I think starts around noon) and the ABC Red Carpet.  I'm ready for Billy Crystal's opening.  I ready to hear ... "And the Oscar goes to..." 

Here are my predictions.  Let's see  how many I get right:

BEST PICTURE
  1. The Artist (LOVED!! I want this to win.)
  2. The Descendants (Didn't see.)
  3. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (Really liked - David's favorite. VERY SAD!)
  4. The Help (Really liked.)
  5. Hugo (Didn't see.)
  6. Midnight in Paris (Was good. I had my expectation too high on this one.)
  7. Moneyball (Loved!)
  8. The Tree of Life (Hmmm ... really different, interesting, strange, would have totally liked to watch the commentary on this if they had it on the DVD we rented.  Could probably write a whole blog on this one.) 
  9. War Horse (Didn't see.)
LEADING ACTOR
  1. Demián Bichir (A Better Life) - LOVED THIS MOVIE.  Loved his role.
  2. George Clooney (The Descendants) - Didn't see.
  3. Jean Dujardin (The Artist) - I think he'll win.  Fine with me! Loved it.
  4. Gary Oldman (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy) - Didn't see.
  5. Brad Pitt (Moneyball) - He was good. But not better than others.
LEADING ACTRESS
  1. Glenn Close (Albert Nobbs) - Didn't see.
  2. Viola Davis (The Help) - Good.
  3. Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) - Didn't see.
  4. Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady) - Didn't see. I'm sure she'll win. Doesn't she always?
  5. Michelle Williams - (My Week With Marilyn) - Sadly didn't see. It was never really hear. One theatre for a few days. Can't wait for it to be released!
SUPPORTING ACTOR
  1. Kenneth Branagh (My Week With Marilyn) - Love him. Didn't see.
  2. Jonah Hill (Moneyball) - I don't think he'll win, but thought he made that movie. I thought he was GREAT!
  3. Nick Nolte (Warrior) - Didn't see.
  4. Christopher Plummer (Beginners) - Didn't see. I guess he'll win. He won the Golden Globe. 
  5. Max von Sydow (Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close) - Good
SUPPORTING ACTRESS
  1. Bérénice Bejo (The Artist) - She was good. Hard to act so well without words.
  2. Jessica Chastain (The Help) - Good.
  3. Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids) - I don't know why she is nominated. Girls being gross gets a nomination now?  Really?
  4. Janet McTeer (Albert Nobbs) - Didn't see.
  5. Octavia Spencer (The Help) - I think she'll win.  She seems to be a Hollywood favorite.
Directing and Best Picture?  I'm hoping The Artist just runs away with LOTS of awards.  So unique. So different. So difficult.  The shots were great - the music/sound was even more critical and it was spot on.  LOVED this movie.

So there's my extremely safe picks. Now, bring on the pretty dresses and amazing shoes and hairstyles!

Comments

Popular Posts