Mac & Cheese

I was playing around with a new stand that David bought me. I have such a shaky hand and I can take 50 photos and 3 of them will be really good and clear.  The others tend to be ruined because I move.  So, I decided to put lunch on the table and try it out.  I got ramekins for my birthday, so the first thing I wanted to make in them was mac and cheese. 
Being that it's St. Patrick's Day, I decided to make it with Kerrygold Swiss cheese imported from Ireland and top it with a green panko bread crumb: parsley, chives and scallions I had left over sitting in the fridge. 
I really wanted them because they are so good for customizing dishes. You can make basically the same dish but use a gluten free ingredient in one, or no mushrooms or meat in one ... you get the idea. GREAT for parties! Ramekins are also great for portion control. And I can make mini desserts for David that are quick and easy. A certain fruit in season? A crumble in minutes. Or a warm cookie topped with ice cream. Easy meals or sides for one or two. But I got a set of 12 for parties. So excited to have them!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kimberly, now you make me hungry for mac and cheese! Momma O

Popular Posts