100 Foods To Try Before You Die

How adventurous an eater are you? 

I like to think I'm pretty adventurous. I've seen this list going around on Facebook, so I had to google it and check it out.  How many have you tried?  To the best of my memory, I think I have tried 72 of the 100.  Some I just don't think I could and some I just haven't been exposed to.  A few I even had to google to see what they were. I think the Asian foods are the weak link for me. Here's my list. What's your number?

1. Abalone - No.  I would try it though if given the chance ... edible sea snails ... if you were wondering.
2. Absinthe - No, too creepy.
3. Alligator - Yes
4. Baba Ghanoush - No. I may have had this and forgot, but I might make this just to cross it off. Yum!
5. Bagel & Lox - Yes
6. Baklava - Yes
7. BBQ Ribs - Yes
8. Bellini - Yes
9. Birds Nest Soup - No. Had to google this one.  Not sure about it. Maybe I'd try it at a GOOD restaurant.
10. Biscuits & Gravy - Yes
11. Black Pudding - Yes. This is blood sausage. I've had that.
12. Black Truffle - Yes
13. Borscht - No, I don't remember ever having this.
14. Calamari - Yes
15. Carp - No?? I think. Maybe?  I'll put no since I don't really remember it specifically. I'll have to check my local fish market.
16. Caviar - Yes
17. Cheese Fondue - Yes
18. Chicken & Waffles - Yes
19. Chicken Tikka Masala - No, not that I remember. I would definitely try this.
20. Chile Relleno - Yes
21. Chitlins - No. I really think I have had this, but maybe I'm thinking pork rinds.  So, I'll put no.
22. Churros - Yes
23. Clam Chowder - Yes
24. Cognac - Yes
25. Crab Cakes - Yes
26. Crickets - No - now this I am curious about. They looks TERRIBLE, but people on tv always seem to like them when they try them. I know they have chocolate covered ... maybe I'd try that!
27. Currywurst - No
28. Dandelion Wine - No
29. Dulce De Leche - Yes
30. Durian - No
31. Eel - Yes
32. Eggs Benedict - Yes
33. Fish Tacos - Yes
34. Foie Gras - Yes
35. Fresh Spring Rolls - Yes
36. Fried Catfish - Yes
37. Fried Green Tomatoes - Yes
38. Fried Plantain - Yes
39. Frito Pie - Yes
40. Frogs' Legs - Yes
41. Fugu - No. I don't think I can do that.
42. Funnel Cake - Yes
43. Gazpacho - Yes
44. Goat - Yes
45. Goat's Milk - Yes
46. Goulash - Yes
47. Gumbo - Yes
48. Haggis - No. Don't think I can do it.
49. Head Cheese - No. Don't think I can do it.
50. Heirloom Tomatoes - Yes
51. Honeycomb - Yes
52. Hostess Fruit Pie - Yes. This should really read Mrs Baird's fruit pie!!
53. Huevos Rancheros - Yes
54. Jerk Chicken - Yes
55. Kangaroo - No
56. Key Lime Pie - Yes
57. Kobe Beef - Yes
58. Lassi - No
59. Lobster - Yes
60. Mimosa - Yes
61. Moon Pie - Yes
62. Morel Mushrooms - Yes
63. Nettle Tea - No
64. Octopus - Yes
65. Oxtail Soup - Yes
66. Paella - Yes
67. Paneer - No
68. Pastrami on Rye - Yes
69. Pavlova - No
70. Phaal - No
71. Philly Cheese Steak - Yes
72. Pho - No
73. Pineapple & Cottage Cheese - Yes
74. Pistachio Ice Cream - Yes
75. Po' Boy - Yes
76. Pocky - No
77. Polenta - Yes
78. Prickly Pear - Yes
79. Rabbit Stew - Yes
80. Raw Oysters - Yes
81. Root Beer Float - Yes
82. S'mores - Yes
83. Sauerkraut - Yes
84. Sea Urchin - Yes
85. Shark - Yes
86. Snail - Yes
87. Snake - No ??
88. Soft Shell Crab - Yes
89. Som Tam - No
90. Spaetzle - Yes
91. Spam - Yes
92. Squirrel - No
93. Steak Tartare - Yes
94. Sweet Potato Fries - Yes
95. Sweetbreads - Yes. And that doesn't mean a cinnamon roll!
96. Tom Yum - No
97. Umeboshi - No
98. Venison - Yes
99. Wasabi Peas - Yes
100. Zucchini Flowers - Yes

Comments

Anonymous said…
it's like a bucket list of foods, isn't it.

Popular Posts