Hand Cookies


Funny how things work out. I saw hand cookies on The Pioneer Women a few weeks ago.  She, of course, made her cookies from scratch, cut them by hand from the shape of her hand and glazed them with different colored glazes and finished them with a variety of "sugar jewels" and other darling decorations. They were REALLY cute.
 
I am not The Pioneer Woman by any stretch.
 
This Sunday in the 2's and 3's we are talking about our body parts and how God made us each perfectly.  The hand cookie came to mind for snack.  
 
Again, I am not The Pioneer Woman by any stretch. I rolled out pre-made sugar cookie dough and cut them with a hand cookie cutter I found on-line. They are about the size of animal crackers.  So cute! I baked them according to package directions and dipped them in a powdered sugar/lemon juice glaze.  This allowed the sprinkles to stick. Then I finished them with pink and blue 'shirt ruffle' frosting.
 
 
I'm blogging this because let's be honest ... when am I ever to make hand cookies again?  Really?  I'd be happy to mail my cookie cutter to you if you have an interest.  Anyone with kids who may feel the urge for a home room hand cookie display?  Scary Halloween hands? Mittens for a winter theme? Maybe a baby shower?  If you want them, let me know. I'm happy to pass them on. They are REALLY cute!
 
 
Oh and next week .... we are the sheep and He is the shepard ... sheep cookies with marshmallow "fur".  They look SO CUTE in my head ... ha ... we'll see how they turn out!

Comments

Anonymous said…
do you remember the hand cookies we made when you were little?i could hardly wait till you came so we could make them. they seem corny after seeing these beauties. looking forward to seeing the sheep. gm

Popular Posts