Pomegranate Salad

 
Well, I won't be able to afford to a completely new meal every night, so this is a variation on the salad I had last night.  I had just about everything in the pantry from the night before except the actual pomegranate seeds.  I stopped and picked those up and then created this lovely salad:
 
 
ingredients
  • A little of the left over radicchio & romaine from last night
  • 1 pear, cut in pieces
  • 1/2 bunch of blanched and shocked asparagus spears, cut in half and then into small pieces
  • 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/2 tsp pepper 
It was SO GOOD!  That sweet pomegranate and pear with the spicy Dijon just hits all my buttons. DELICIOUS!! I wished I had done 3 teaspoons Dijon.  SO GOOD! This heart healthy stuff is DELICIOUS!!  My advice: next time you go to the grocery store, get Dijon, pears and pomegranates!  December flavors!!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts