Salad With Blackberries and Figs

 
Today's inspiration came from this blog. Fresh fig salad with raspberries, pistachio and goat cheese. Doesn't that sound GOOD?  The photos are gorgeous.  So after work I set out for fresh figs and raspberries. When I got there the blackberries were the same price for over double the amount, so I went with blackberries.
 
I used the last of the leftover salad mix (radicchio & romaine) and put together this salad with fresh figs and a spicy blackberry dressing. 
 
For The Salad
  • Load the bottom of the bowl with dressed romaine lettuce.
  • Garnish with fresh figs, blackberries and toasted pistachios.
For The Dressing
  • I muddled about a cup of blackberries with 1/4 tsp salt & 1 Tlb olive oil. Then I added 1 Tlb honey & 1 Tlb Dijon & 1 tsp black pepper. Whisk and toss with lettuce. (I had some leftover.)  It makes a thick blackberry dressing.
 
Delicious!  I think I have one more day of salad to  go.  I still have more romaine.  What to add next??

Comments

Popular Posts