Where I'm At Wednesday.....

It's Wednesday afternoon. It's cold outside. I'm dying to go home and cook a pot of spicy chili with cornbread. YUM! Doesn't that sound good?
 
Well, I can't.
 
I am going home to have yet another bowl of bean soup without any cornbread. 
 
Here are a few other things I've discovered by Wednesday: 
  1. The foodie blogs, Pinterest and Tastespotting aren't nearly as fun to read. Filled with photos of great recipe ideas that I can't try. Food Network shows, not as fun to watch.  They are cruel even.   They aren't places of inspiration.
  2. I always want things when I can't have them ... things I RARELY or NEVER wanted before look  so good on tv, in the grocery store, etc.  I NEVER make cookies and hardly ever make sweets and I've been filling my Pinterest board this week with all sorts of cookies "I'd be making this week."  Right. 
  3. I'm tired of oranges. I'm tired of beans.  I can see how a $1 box of mac and cheese looks real good after a few days.  If you just want something different and it needs to be cheap.   Especially toward the end of the month.  It's only been 4 days for me!
  4. I miss cooking.  It's not as fun if you don't have the ingredients you want.
  5.  
  6. The cleanup is easy!!  One bowl in the morning and one at night. Doesn't get much simplier than that. Saves time, energy, water and detergent.     
  7. Waste not want not is never more true.  I squeezed every last drop out of the fruit....used the zest.  I've measured and used only what I needed.   
But I'm 1/2 way through.  Glad I am going through the experience. It really has opened my eyes to few things that I can change permanantly. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
i can't believe how much i spend at the grocery store. i guage myself to every 30 dollars you would spend on a week. i just bought for a meal to take to a pot luck where i bring only the main dish. you really got me thinking
Kimberly said…
I KNOW, right? Me too. I can't believe it. It makes you stop and really think. Even if you have the resources to spend it, should you? Are you being wasteful? Did you take time to think out a plan/budget/meals or just grab what you needed at the time without regard? I thought I was getting better at it. David and I used to spend a fortune and we really cut back - but even still I can see ways we can do better. Ways we waste. And the truth is - even if I was thinking "not bean soup again" in the afternoon, when I got home and was hungry and it was warm and filling, it tasted great! I was glad to have it. I am going to really try and be better with plans/budgets etc. It's an eye opener.

Popular Posts