Italian French Toast

I love to stack things. It just feels fancy. So tonight I made a savory vegetarian french toast. Sound weird? Well, it kind of was. But it was actually tasty too. I didn't get a good photo, but I just had to post one anyway.

I cut a good loaf of sourdough bread into thick slices. I cut off the crust and dipped it in an egg/milk mixture with a little garlic, salt and pepper. Then I made the french toast in a pan with some olive oil.

After the toast was made I put some canned artichoke hearts (not the kind packed in oil) into the pan and warmed them up until they got a little color.

I topped the bread and artichoke with arugula (dressed in balsamic, salt & pepper and lemon juice) and marinated tomatoes. I marinated the tomatoes for about 10 hours in:
  • Basil
  • Olive oil
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Garlic
  • Salt & pepper
  • Lemon zest and juice
Then I drizzled the plate with basil oil and good balsamic vinegar so we could drag the toast through it like syrup. Weird, but good!

Comments

Popular Posts