Pork Green Chili

This was SO good! I really liked it. It was a tad spicy for David, so if you have people who don't care for spice, might not be for them. I roasted 2 lbs of tomatillos and 3 poblano peppers in the oven for 15 minutes at 425. Then pureed them in the blender with about a cup of water. I cubed about a pound of pork and tossed it in cornstarch, salt, pepper, 2 Tlb corriander and 2 Tlb cumin. Then I browned the cubes in olive oil and put them aside. I cooked one diced red onion and one diced white onion and 5 garlic cloves until the onions were soft.  Into a soup pot I added:
  • the browned pork
  • the onion mixture
  • the tomatillo and poblano mixture
  • 1 can mild rotel (you could add more spice here with roasted jalapenos or a spicier rotel)
  • 1 quart chicken stock
  • 2 more tablespoons of corriander and cumin
  • salt and pepper
  • several tablespoons of fresh oregano

And cooked it on the lowest setting for several hours. Delicious! Great for a cold day. The warm soup with a hint of spice was perfect!

Comments

Popular Posts