Rainbow Soup

You could call this "I don't want to get sick soup".  It seems that everyone at work is terribly sick. I have bleach wipes in my cabinet, alcohol gel on my desk in a big pump and in a little one in my purse.  I am taking Airborne and drinking orange juice every day.  I'm trying to stay away from it.  After being so sick this summer, I don't want to go through the flu again. 
 
I saw a photo of a soup similar to this on Pinerest and it just looked healthy! So I stopped by Whole Foods on the way home and picked up a few vegetables.  
 
 
I sliced up:
  • one large carrot
  • one small jicama
  • one fresno chili
  • one bunch of rainbow chard stems (pink, yellow and red)
  • one small bok choy
  • pea shoots
  • purple micro greens

 
Took a handful of each and added it to a bowl.

 
 
While I was slicing and dicing I added a bunch of fresh herbs, garlic and salt and pepper to a pot of chicken broth and let it simmer. I poured ladles of hot chicken stock over the vegetables.  And you have rainbow soup!


It just tastes like "health".  Fresh, crunchy veggies in an almost medicinal herby broth. I stored the rest in the fridge, so tomorrow the vegetables will be softer and the flavors will be more infused. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
was it better the next day

Popular Posts