Super Bowl Snacks

Tomorrow we were invited to someone else's house to watch the Superbowl. We were told that chicken wings and other dinner items would be provided and that we should please bring snacks. I hit Pinterest and here is what I decided to make: Bacon Maple Popcorn, Union Square Cafe Bar Nuts and Ritz Cracker Treats.

Here is how I made my Union Square Bar Nuts
  • 2 1/4 cups mixed nuts, unsalted
  • 2 1/3 cups almonds, unsalted
  • 4 Tlb rosemary leaves torn off the stems - not chopped
  • 1 tsp dried red chipotle pepper
  • 3 Tlb dark brown sugar
  • 3 Tlb melted butter
Here is how I made my Bacon Maple Popcorn
  • 1 package low sodium bacon, cooked and chopped into fine pieces
  • 1 cup maple syrup
  • 2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 18 cups plain popped popcorn
Mix all except 6 cups of the popcorn and bake for 10 minutes at 350 turning once so it cooks evenly. When you get it out of the oven, mix with the remaining 6 cups of popcorn.
Here is how I made The Ritz Rolo Treats
This is ALL OVER Pinterest.

(I added a smear of peanut butter to the top Ritz cracker.)

Preheat the oven to 250. Place the cracker salty side down and place one Rolo on each cracker. Bake 3 minutes to melt Rolo, then add another cracker smear with peanut butter on top and push down a little. Let cool.

Comments

Popular Posts