Happy Valentine's Day

On this day of love, romance, roses, candy and candlelit dinners ... this day of heart-shaped pancakes, childhood valentines and classroom crushes ... this day of proposals and  weddings ... this day of pink and red and white heart doilies ... on this Valentine's Day, I thought a little Brian Andreas reality would be just the ticket. 
 
While relationships can have all those elements, it's the "real" not the "movie" that makes the relationship. It's the "day-in, day-out" not the "fancy night out".  It's the week night dinners, the never ending laundry and dishes, the routine. It's the ordinary. The obvious. The mundane. It's over-looking faults and forgiving hurts. It's the demands, the compromises, the things left unsaid. It's the pain and the heart-break, the fun and the laughter. It's the hugs, the smiles, the inside jokes and knowing looks. It's the hard and the easy, all rolled into one. That's the reality.  And that's okay.
 
Easy to Love
You are not easy to love, I said. Oh, I'm easy to love, she said, I'm just difficult to please. Those are two entirely different things. - Brian Andreas

Close Match
I want a man exactly like you, she said, except he'd listen to me no matter what. A man exactly like me, I said, would know better than that.  - Brian Andreas

Short List
I just want to be loved, she said & I said That's easy. She stood there for a moment & then she sat down right next to me. Well, she said, there are a few other things on my list, too. - Brian Andreas

Falling Into Place
Deciding everything is falling into place perfectly as long as you don't get too picky about what you mean by place. Or perfectly. - Brian Andreas
 
Happy Valentine's Day!
 

Comments

Popular Posts