"Big Kid" Easter Egg Hunt

What do you do on the Saturday night before Easter with five teenagers out in the country in New Hampshire?  Why, a glow-in-the-dark Easter egg hunt of course. I stumbled across this on Pinterest and I desperately wanted do it to.  Shoot, I wanted to hunt them myself!  Something about those glowing eggs looked so fun.
I asked David and he ran it by Nancy and it was on! So, I bought glow-in-the-dark bracelets and plastic eggs.
(Note here: if you plan to do this, the 6" or even 8" cheap bracelets from the Dollar Store will work in the small eggs.  If you use 10" - like I did - or  higher quality (they are less flexible) then you want the medium size or larger eggs. Trust me, we learned the hard way!)
We filled them with treats, candy, $2 bills, coins, etc, and then the glow sticks. To make sure the money was even and the right candy went to the right kid, we color coded everyone.  Evan was yellow, for example.  I bought long neon glow necklaces in their color. So Evan had yellow glow  sticks and was looking for the yellow glowing eggs.  See what I mean?

This makes it easier if you have a gluten free or peanut free kid - or kids of different ages so you can hide them to their ability to  find them.

Then we had purple eggs that were up for ANYONE to find. These had tickets inside them. The kid who found the most tickets, turned them in for the "big prize". 

We started out with ordinary eggs:


But the glow added so much fun:


Comments

Popular Posts