Mango Salmon Salad

It's a sunny 63 degrees here today and after a long winter, it feels like summer! Such a nice day. It's a day for the flowers to start blooming and the trees to start budding. It's too nice to be stuck in an office that's for sure. (That's probably why our office is so empty. That and the fact that it's spring break for a lot of the kids here in the area.) So, for dinner I was thinking a summer salad.
 
When I walked in the store the first thing I saw was a large pile of mangoes.  When I saw them I knew immediately what I wanted: Salmon Mango Salad.  I piled it up cobb salad style:
  • smoked salmon
  • mango
  • avocado
  • thinly sliced red & white onion
  • arugula dressed in a lime honey vinaigrette
 
(I intended to pick up some smoked almond or other nut at the store and forgot, but that would be delicious and add a nice crunch.)
  
Here is what I put in the lime honey vinaigrette:
  • juice and zest from one lime
  • drizzle of honey for sweetness
  • about 1/8 of a cup olive oil
  • red pepper flakes, to taste
  • a handful of shopped chives
  • a couple tablespoons of black sesame seeds


Comments

Popular Posts