Photos From Texas

 
April 30: The last day of my trip Mom and I went out and took a day trip to Ennis, Texas.  Ennis is only about an hour drive south from Allen, but we had never been there before. In April, Ennis has a large bluebonnet trail so we decided to see if there were any flowers left. It was the last day of the trail, but it was suppose to be a gorgeous day and day trips and long drives with mom are one of the things I miss SO MUCH. So we headed out not knowing what to expect. What we found was Texas beauty at it's best. It was a GREAT day! The animals, the scenery, the weather ... it was all just perfect.  Here are a few photos that I took.     
 
When we got to Ennis, we stopped in the  get information at the visitor center so we would know where to go to see the most flowers.  They were so helpful.  Here are a couple of friends they have hanging around the office:
 


 
There is a north trail and a south trail.  We started out on the south trail and made a turn off the path and ran into these horses.  They were HUGE and so beautiful.   
 
 
 
I almost died when I saw this.  Is there anything more Texas?  A longhorn  sitting in a field of bluebonnets??? I LOVE THIS! I think a real photographer could have won a photo contest at the State Fair.  I can't imagine anything more Texas



 
This was the bluebonnet field on the last day! It was still gorgeous. I can't imagine what it would be like at peak season. I overheard someone else saying that the weekend before was even more beautiful. It's just a sea of blue. 
 






 
 






 
It was such a memorable day.  So much beauty. So much fun.  Couldn't have been better. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
wouldn't have wanted to experience with anyone eles....oh there might have been three little ones we would have loved to have had running around...it was a great day and really fun beautiful pictures
Anonymous said…
we looked at your pictures at the lunch table and Birdie agreed this was a shot ready for the Great State of Texas State Fair
Anonymous said…
What gorgeous photos! Momma O
Anonymous said…
thanks for sharing. this is the 1st season since 1976 I haven't lived among the bluebonnets. these are the only ones I've seen this year.gm

Popular Posts