Middlebury College

Haley took us on a tour of the campus. I didn't want to completely emabarrass her and take photos everywhere (I REALLY wanted to take them in the library and about a dozen other places).  But I tried to take as many as I could without being over the top.  Here are a few that I got while walking around.
 
This was just one of the amazing buildings on campus. It is such a beautiful college. I think Haley said this is a dorm. I could be wrong.  
 
 
This is where Haley is staying. I don't know which window exactly, but it's on the second floor. (It's a middle window .... Possibly the one I blocked with the tree .....sorry.)
 
 
This is the chapel where Haley will be graduating. (That's David and Haley waiting for me at the top of the hill.) 
 

 
This was the library. I wanted to take a thousand photos, but I didn't. There are giant yellow and black art boards when you walk in. Really interesting. See the windows on the second level? There are comfy seats where you can sit and look out onto the campus. Get a hint of the sun shining through. Haley said she only reads there on the weekends because she gets a little "too comfy" and can fall asleep.
 
We didn't go all the way to the top, but I image you can look out those as well for an even further view.
 
There is every kind of "learning space" you can imagine from hard wood cubical-type library desks to computer stations to rocking chairs to comfy sink-into and lose yourself chairs. It's really a nice place. 
 
 
Here's a scene from outside the chapel. It kind of gives you an idea of what you can look out onto in the library. Trees and green everywhere. There are small picnic/cafe type iron tables and chairs.  There are swings and adirondack chairs all over the property for studying or relaxing. 
 
 
We shopped in the bookstore, had lunch at a nice little place and dropped Haley off. (She got upgraded to a suite at the Middlebury Inn! Whoo Hoo!) Before we left her to her big summer adventure, I asked for one more photo for the blog ....  She was a sport, so Mary and Bill, this is especially for you! 
 
We had such a great time. David got to see Middlebury for the first time and we are looking forward to August!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Très bien fait, Kimberly! Les photos sont excellents - et aussi les descriptions. Merci!!
Haley

Popular Posts