Ready for Fall

The trees are already turning!! It's really early this year. Leaves are falling .... there are a few trees already yellow and orange.  I can't believe it.  But is has been a relatively cool summer (with the 90 degree exception yesterday) and rainy, so I think the trees are thinking it's already October. 
 
This is the first year I have been so into fall since my first year here.  Usually the fall makes me sad because it means that snow is around the corner. But as I mentioned, it has been a cool and rainy summer and wasn't the typical wonderful summer we usually have, so I guess I have to embrace the fall this year instead.
 
Pumpkins, changing leaves, hay bales, apples, festivals and scarecrows! 
 
One of the things I was so excited to find in the basement this weekend was the velvet pumpkins that mom bought me when she was here with Marsha.  I LOVE THEM!!  So this year I decided to do fall decorations and do them early. I can enjoy them from September through Thanksgiving.  THANKS MOM!  I sure do love a pretty table. Here's our table:      
 
 
 
A quick trip to Michael's and a few things from the house and these gorgeous velvet pumpkins by Hot Skwash and we have a centerpiece!
 


 
To keep cost down I used our usual copper, black and cream stuff but I used ribbon instead of the same 'ol napkin rings for something different. (I have a feeling the black will be replaced with chocolate brown sometime this fall.)  
 
 
I had a few flowers left over so I scattered them around the house.  I bud vase here or there, a pitcher, etc.  I had these yellow and green flowers left over and they would have been gorgeous in a deep maroon pitcher, but I did have one. So I wrapped them in some of the leftover burlap and tied them with leftover ribbon to tie in the table to the buffet. 
 
 
I suppose I should have bought mums or sunflowers or bunches of orange and red leaves, but I love these and they make me happy. (And they were 40% off and I could use the old basket and filler)
 
 
I have a few other tiny velvet pumpkins around the room on the shelves and ledges, but it was dark by the time I finished at midnight last night and I didn't get any great  photos of them.  But our house is very fall ... and I'm excited to have a fresh look to take us all the way to Christmas time.
 
Thanks mom! I love the pumpkins. I couldn't be enjoying them more.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh how pretty..i am going to use your ribbon trick for napkin ties.. i think this is your prettiest yet..the copper is very different and elegant. good job i enjoyed it from here

Popular Posts