Sunday At The Oakes

It's about 2:30pm here on Sunday and it's just been a great day so far.  We had a really good service this morning.  A sweet couple became members and we are excited about that. There was another lady that got a special blessing this morning. The teaching was great and the music was good too. I looked over at David about half way through and said "It's a good church".  He said he was thinking the same thing. It was one of those especially nice mornings. We are so glad we found this church. It has its stresses just like  any small church, but there are really great people there with good hearts. It's been so good for both of us.  

We are ready for fall at 8 Cottage Lane. Pumpkins from the orchard yesterday. A new mum that I saw coming out of the grocery store after church. I normally don't buy things like that, but I fell in love with it. Oh, and Evan said I could get it. :)  It's so cheery ... makes me happy just to see it when I come or go from the house. 


Lunch?  Delicious tomatoes!! I made BLTs with a basil spread. Yummy! We have a window sill over the sink full of big red juicy tomatoes. I am LOVING THEM this year.   

Then we went for a quick walk. Here are a few photos I took:





Here's a couple that David took:



And now we are all on our separate floors enjoying our separate TVs.  David is upstairs watching The Giants (lose as I understand it).  Evan is on the ground floor playing the wii and I am in the basement listening to Fox NFL Sunday as I blog. I am about to go watch The Cowboys win!

A good day here at The Oakes' House.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wonderful photos, Kimberly! Momma O

Popular Posts