The Tree Out Back

Our tree our back is full of berries. I grabbed my camera and got a few shots after work.






 
(Note: After seeing this, David told me they are crabapples. We have a different type in the front yard also.  I didn't get any photos of them, but they are darker red.  Evidently you can eat both of them .... but they are mostly for making jelly or jam.  I think I might try that! Stay tuned.  In the meantime, I went out and tried some from this tree in the back.  YUCK!!  They are more sour than lemons! Who knew?  Not me!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
we will have to ask Grandmommy but i believe here in Texas that we feed those to the horses..ha
Kimberly said…
Aren't horse apples green and look like brains? Not sure. But I think I'm going to try the jelly. Makes me think of Duck Dynasty. :)
Anonymous said…
gm

Popular Posts