Amazon's 100 Books To Read

I thought this was interesting.  I was surprised how many I read.  Luckily there are some children books on the list.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FULL LIST

I have read:
  1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  2. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
  3. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
  4. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
  5. The Shining by Stephen King
  6. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
  7. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
  8. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
  9. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  10. The House At Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (not sure if read THIS ONE, but I've read a BUNCH of them)
  11. The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
  12. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
  13. The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
  14. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  15. Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
  16. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
  17. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
  18. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
  19. Are You There, God? It's me, Margaret by Judy Blume
  20. A Series of Unfortunate Events #1: The Bad Beginning: The Short-Lived Edition by Lemony Snicket (listened to it)
  21. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
Sadly, I never read:
  1. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  2. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
  3. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
  4. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
  5. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (Seems like I did read this, but I can't be 100% sure.)
I have on my list now. I just haven't got to them yet:
  1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
  2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Haven't read the book. Seen the movie:
  1. All the President's Men by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein
  2. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (Again, not sure if I read this. Seems I can remember the illustrations of the book in my mind.  But maybe I am thinking of the movie?)
  3. Beloved by Toni Morrison
  4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
  5. Moneyball by Michael Lewis
  6. Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen
  7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Where do you stand?  Nancy, have you read all 100?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have read great expections and greatly recommend it...you have read do many more than me...good challenge
Anonymous said…
Hi Kimberly, I see that you have Gone Girl on the list to read. I did not care for it too much, but the Book Thief was fantastic. Also be sure to read the latest goodie, The Invention of Wings. Oh my! Sue Monk Kidd is the author. She also wrote The Secret Life of Bees. If you have not read it, drop everything and go to the library right now. Love, Momma O

Popular Posts