Korean Beef and Rice


I ran across this recipe and thought I would give it a try. We have been in a rut lately, so I am trying to introduce some new recipes into our weekly dinners.

But I had to put my own spin on it, of course.

I used 3/4 lb of ground beef and 3/4 lb of pork.  I put one shallot and some left over tomatoes into the meat and browned it all really well.

Then I added all the ingredients per the recipe. (Only substituting tamarind for soy sauce.) I tasted it and decided it was too sweet and too rich. So I squeezed in the juice of one lime. Then I made brown rice with loads of lime zest, lime juice, and salt and pepper. I stirred in a whole head of steam broccoli. I put the rice in first, topped that with the meat and topped it all with green onions.


I added more red pepper flakes to my plate, but David liked the kick with the amount in the recipe.  I will definitely make this again. You could use any ground meat really .... turkey or chicken would be good. For me, I would add less sugar and more red pepper. But David like it a little sweeter.

It made for  something interesting and different and it was really easy! It's worth a try.


Comments

Anonymous said…
yummy I will make it a lettuce cup

Popular Posts