Leg Of Lamb With Squash & Kale Salad

I don't think I've ever cooked any cut of lamb except the chops. I'm not sure what came over me this weekend, but I bought a leg of lamb. Actually, I bought a 3.5lb boneless half leg and I had absolutely no idea how to cook it. I think I was thinking it was like a lamb shank and I could just pop it in the crock pot for a no-fail dinner. But on further study, I realized a lamb leg is nothing like a lamb shank. So I pulled out my HOW TO COOK EVERYTHING Cookbook and read up on lamb legs.

I layered a pan with onion, garlic and carrots. I added the lamb leg. I rubbed it with salt, pepper, and some oregano, rosemary and paprika. Simple, so we could really taste the lamb. I wanted it medium rare so it roasted at 400 until it hit 130 degrees.



I served it with a salad inspired by Valerie Bertinelli's Acorn Squash with Baby Bitter Greens. Here's the real recipe.  I roasted acorn squash and sweet potatoes and served them over kale and carrots with feta and maple pumpkin seeds. It was pretty good.

Comments

Popular Posts